List of techniques for managing working memory in explanations
- summarizing at appropriate intervals in the text
- adding exercises to slow down the reader/force them to internalize something better
- something like Quantum Country or Orbit where flashcards are embedded in the text, forcing certain terms/facts to be memorized.
- repeating key facts at certain intervals
- repeatedly bombarding the learner with the same facts, as in Duolingo
- quoting relevant facts instead of just citing them so that the reader does not have to look them up
- making each blog post/chapter/section short enough that the reader can consume it in one sitting without getting fidgety/losing track of progress.